- 100 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 100 g Gouda cheese, grated
- 100 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 5 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 chopped fresh red chilli (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 slices rye bread
- 200 g mini rosa tomatoes
- chopped fresh chives for garnishing
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Combine the three varieties of cheese in a bowl. Add the mayonnaise and chilli (if using), season with salt and black pepper and mix well, ensuring the mayonnaise coasts the cheese evenly.
3. Place the rye bread slices on a baking tray and divide the cheese mixture between them. Top each slice with mini rosa tomatoes and garnish with chopped fresh chives.
4. Place in the oven. Once the cheese starts to melt, switch the oven to grill and watch as …
Shisa cheesa is a firm favourite breakfast offering in the Reddy family. Growing up, we spent a fair amount of time with Uncle Harry, an Indian version of Dynasty’s Blake Carrington. He’s as handsome as hell, has a killer sense of humour and has endless patience. He’s 86 now and I simply adore him. I wish he could live forever. We created this dish together and it’s always a winner. You can top it with almost anything, such as eggs, mushrooms, asparagus, chicken, macon … the options are endless.