This Halloween have some fun with the team from The Krazy Kiwi Kookbox and serve up these Boerewors Mummy’s! Krazy Kiwi have taken a South African staple – Boerewors – and added an element of fun that any of us can to create these spooky delights.
They’re ready to rise on the 31st of October.
10 Krazy Kiwi Boerewors
1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
20 edible sugar eyes
1 teaspoon mustard to stick on the eyes
Tomato sauce, mustard, or mayonnaise for dipping
- Unfold/unroll the puff pastry and roll out. Cut it into strips 1cm strips widthway.
- Pat each boerewors with a paper kitchen towel.
- Wrap the puff pastry piece around the boerewors, trimming off the end if it is too long. Make sure to leave a gap for the eyes.
- When done, place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180⁰C for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and light brown.
- Let them cool slightly before adding two little dots of mustard to stick on the eyes.
- Serve on their own or with tomato sauce, mustard, mayonnaise, or a dip of your choice.
For more recipes and information, please visit www.kookbox.co.za
Facebook – @krazykiwikookbox
Instagram – @krazykiwikookbox