This is a very modest way of serving freshly made tagliatelle, but without a doubt one of the tastiest. Sprinkle the dish with chopped flat leaved parsley.
400 g fresh tagliatelle
250 ml (1 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
62,5 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
5 ml (1 teaspoon) white pepper
250 gm white mushrooms
chopped flat leaved parsley
- Boil the tagliatelle in plenty of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and reserve some of the cooking liquid.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean and cut into thick slices. Heat 30 ml of the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the mushrooms over high heat until nicely browned. Set aside
- Place the cheese in a big mixing bowl and add the remaining olive oil and white pepper. Mix to a creamy paste adding a ladle or two of the cooking liquid.
- Add the drained tagliatelle to the cheese paste and toss well. Add the mushrooms and mix well.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the parsley.
Cost per serving: R15.90