- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 g instant dry yeast
- 250 ml lukewarm water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- For the filling
- 3 tsp each Pesto Princess Basil Pesto & Pesto Princess Red Pesto (use any pesto sauce you have to hand!).
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 100 – 150 g cheese
- Milk for basting before baking
1. Prepare a loaf tin by either using a non-stick food spray or lining it with baking paper. Combine the flour, salt and dried yeast in a mixing bowl. Add water and oil and knead with for about five minutes until it is a smooth dough. Cover and leave in a warm place for an hour or until the volume has doubled. Briefly knead the dough and roll it into a rectangle on a floured work surface.
2. Make the fillings by mixing three teaspoons of Pesto Princess Basil Pesto with one tablespoon butter and two cloves of crushed garlic. In another bowl do the same with the Pesto Princess Red Pesto. Spread one mixture over one half of the dough and the other over the other half. Top with grated cheese. Roll up the dough from the long side.
3. Cut down the full length with a sharp knife and twist the strands over each other into a loose plait. Put the braid in the prepared tin and let it rise for 40 minutes, covered.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush the top of the dough with milk and bake for 35 minutes.